[vtkusers] Crossfade volumes

Eduardo Poyart poyart at gmail.com
Tue May 14 19:08:21 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm working with 3D images (volumes). I need to take two volumes and their
respective transformations, and combine them into one single volume by
cross-fading between them.

That is: if you define a line between the two centroids, a point in the
middle of this line will have 50% of the intensity of the first volume and
50% of the second volume. Other points will proportionally have more of the
first or of the second volume.

What would be a recommended way to do it?

I'm trying to implement it as a vtkSimpleImageToImageFilter. I modified
RequestData so I can get access to two input images. What would be a good
way to find the extents of the output image?

Maybe there is a standard way to do that, but I haven't found it...

Thanks
Eduardo