[vtkusers] Is VTK 5.10.1 compatible with MacOS 10.8.3 and Java?

E K egk865 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:31:07 EDT 2013

According to the following post by someone from Oracle, Java 8 (and maybe
even Java 7 soon) will support both CALayer and NSView embedding.

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2013-January/005783.html

If that happens, then it might not be necessary to make any changes to VTK.

I haven't had a chance yet to try this, but would be interesting to see if
the Early Access releases of Java 8 work with VTK (
http://jdk8.java.net/download.html)