[vtkusers] Color legends for vtkCharts

Bastian A. bastianra at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:19:06 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I am using vtkPlotPoints to create a plot in which I am setting the color
of the points using vtkPlotPoints::SelectColorArray, SetScalarVisibility(1)
and a continuous lookup table.
This is working great, however I am having trouble displaying a legend that
shows how the colors are mapped to the scalar range of the data.
Using SetShowLegend(1) will turn on a legend that only displays the marker
and the name of the column that is plotted.

How can I display a legend that shows how colors map to scalar values
(Using vtk 6) ?

Thanks

Bastian