[vtkusers] vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath -> SetStartVertex, SetEndVertex: segmentation fault

Miguel Sotaquira msotaquira at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:54:59 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm using vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath to compute the geodesic distance
from a vertex "i" in a mesh to all the remaining vertices. Here's a snippet
of the python implementation:

nverts = surface.GetNumberOfPoints()
dijkstra = vtk.vtkDijkstraGraphGeodesicPath()
dijkstra.SetInput(surface)
for i in range(nverts):
dijkstra.SetStartVertex(n)
dijkstra.Update()

# Array of geodesic distances from vertex i to all the vertices in the mesh
weights = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
dijkstra.GetCumulativeWeights(weights)

however, when calling the method Update() from "dijkstra" I'm getting a
"Segmentation fault" error for i=3175.

My "surface" (with 29752 vertices and 59508 cells) does not have
repeated/unused points and all cells are made up of triangles.

Anyone has any clue about why I'm getting this Segmentation fault?

Thanks,
Miguel