[vtkusers] error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Sun May 5 18:03:13 EDT 2013

Hi,
looks like your linker is unable to find the VTK symbols defined in the
external libraries. You may want to make sure whether the libraries to link
with are really known to your project. If you are not using CMake to build
your project, you are highly advised to do so. It will help you enormously
in avoiding this kind of issues.

You may want to have a look at the examples in the VTK
wiki<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples>.
Or you may want to dig in earlier posts, such as this
one<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/error-LNK2019-unresolved-external-symbol-quot-public-class-vtkCamera-thiscall-vtkRenderer-GetActiveC-td1239473.html>,
to see whether your problem has been previously asked and hopefully solved.

HTH.

Kind regards,
JON HAITZ