[vtkusers] The locator class - vtkModifiedBSPTree does not yet support this IntersectWithLine interface

Antanas Budvytis daubster1979 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 16:20:28 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am writing an application in C# that uses the Kitware VTK wrapper, and
I've run into a problem.
Whenever I try using the IntersectWithLine method in vtkModifiedBSPTree, I
get this error:

*ERROR: In
..\..\..\..\vtksource-prefix\src\vtksource\Filtering\vtkAbstractCellLocator.cxx,
line 106
vtkModifiedBSPTree (09FC5A10): The locator class - vtkModifiedBSPTree does
not yet support this IntersectWithLine interface*

This is how I initialize the BSP tree:

vtkModifiedBSPTree vBSP = vtkModifiedBSPTree.New();
vBSP.SetDataSet(vSurf.GetOutput());
vBSP.BuildLocator();

Where *vSurf* is a vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter. The output data seems
perfectly valid when I render it.

And this is the line that causes the error:

vBSP.IntersectWithLine(p1ptr, p2ptr, intersections, null);

Where *p1ptr* and* p2ptr* are both IntPtrs generated from double[3] arrays
via System.Marshal, and *intersections* is an empty newly initialized
vtkPoints.

I've googled for anything related to this issue to no avail.
Is this a missing feature of the Kitware wrapper, or am I doing something
wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Antanas Budvytis