[vtkusers] vtkPlotBar (vtk6): problems with width of bars and axis

Alexandre Boucher afboucher at gmail.com
Fri May 3 01:53:14 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I am having two problems:
1) I am unable to control the width of the bar in vtkPlotBar
2) I cannot set the axis to invisible

There is a previous plot in corner 0 that behaves the same way
------------------
  vtkPlotBar* plot = chart_->AddPlot(vtkChart::BAR);
  chart_->SetPlotCorner(plot, 2);
  plot->SetWidth( 50  );  // No effect
  plot->SetInputData(table,1,2);

  vtkAxis *x_axis = chart_->GetAxis(vtkAxis::TOP);
  x_axis->SetVisible(false);  // No effect

  vtkAxis *y_axis = chart_->GetAxis(vtkAxis::RIGHT);
  y_axis->SetVisible(false); // No effect

1) Whatever I put to SetWidth the plot is unchanged  Looking at the code
this should change the width of the bar since it is passed to the
PaintSegments functions.

2) The vtkAxis::SetVisible(false) has not effect

Anyone has any hints of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Alex