[vtkusers] VTK+Qt really needs QtWebKit?

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 13:12:44 EDT 2013

Are you certain VTK doesn't need webkit? I couldn't get my VTK with Qt
enabled to link proprely with a -no-webkit build of Qt two weeks ago...
Once I got qt built with webkit, it was fine.

This stackoverflow question (and its answers) was useful to help me get
Qt building on Windows with VS 2012 including webkit:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12113400/compiling-qt-4-8-x-for-visual-studio-2012

To build with VS 2012, you have to patch one of the HashSet.h files
(see the answers on stackoverflow), and I also needed to set an
environment variable to point Qt to its own make spec files (I guess
4.8.4 came out before VS 2012 was finalized?):

    set QMAKESPEC=C:\Qt\4.8.4-vs11\mkspecs\win32-msvc2012

HTH,
David C.