[vtkusers] SetCutPlane not working in vtkImageResliceMapper

Debjit Ghosh dghosh at chla.usc.edu
Wed Mar 27 20:02:28 EDT 2013

Hi David,

I have been able to perfectly slice the volume using the 6DOF sensor using
the above algorithm. However, the volume in the vtkImageSlice needed to be
rotated based on different cardiac windows. When I rotated the vtkImageSlice
objected using RotateX, RotateY, RotateZ, I faced this new problem where in
the slice being rendered rotates around a point on the screen.

Until now I was setting the view up vector to [0,0,-1] and no matter how I
sliced the volume, the image was always centered on to the screen. (In order
to position my slice plane I was setting the Position, Focal Point and View
Up of the camera as you had suggested)

I can get the orientation of the vtkImageSlice object but don't know how to
set the view up vector parallel to it.

I had tried doing so by using rotation matrices but that isn't having the
desired effect.

Your advice would be immensely appreciated.