[vtkusers] Advice on generating parametric meshes?

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Tue Mar 26 17:57:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

Does anyone have some suggestions on the best way to generate parametric
shapes? I am generating shapes for CFD analysis, starting off with a
teardrop and moving on to other shapes. I have the math so I just need to
work out the best way to convert that to a shape.

vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ContoursToSurface

Does not produce a smooth surface.

I see vtkParametricFunction can be derived but I am not sure how much work
that would be.

At the moment it looks like the best approach would be to generate the
points and use vtkDelaunay3D to make the surface across those points.

I am about to head down that path but any ideas of a better solution would
be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Paul
---