[vtkusers] VIsualization of huge 3d matrix

mahendra mahendra123awale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:23:36 EDT 2013

Hey all,

I am new to 3d visualization. At the moment i am bit confused as from where
to start, it would be great if some one can help me to start with.

Basically i have millions of points(400-500 M coming from matrix) each is
represented by x,y,z co-ordinate and each have some data attached to it. Now
i would like to create representation of this points in 3d space. And this
representation have to be interactive to user. I mean user can go inside
this 3d space and could able to select any of the point and displays
attached information,

I Google a bit about the 3D java programming but i am not sure whether that
can help me to deal with this vast amount of information. Some people also
suggested to have look onto the java gaming engines/Jmonkey, vtk,itk etc. I
completely do not have any idea as from where to start. Is this task
possible to do with vtk, if yes how to proceed? Your suggestion will be of
great help. I am looking forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks!