[vtkusers] re-orienting faces coherently

gauravG gaurav.gogri83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:53:05 EDT 2013

David,
Thanks for the reply. what I am doing is very much similar to the filling
holes example @ (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/FillHoles).
As shown in the figure in the above link, the normals of the filled holes
are not consistent with the rest of the model.
As per your suggestion, I calculated normals (both point & cell) for the
vtkpolydata input similar to the example @
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataExtractNormalswith
the consistency on and flag set to 1before passing to the fill holes
filter. Still my output file seem to have inconsistent faces. I could send
you my code but it is essentially a copy paste from the above two examples.
Am I missing anything? thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.
here is my pipeline

   1. ply reader to read
   2. vtkpolydata filter for deepcopy
   3. compute normals (vtkpolydatanormals)