[vtkusers] Scaling a vtkImagePlaneWidget

Kevin Funk kevin.funk at kdab.com
Wed Mar 13 14:07:30 EDT 2013

Hey there,

I am currently using a vtkImagePlaneWidget to display slices of vtkImageData.

I'd like to have the possibility to scale the widget (hence, also the texture
plane representing the image slice) along invidiual axes.
Has anyone succeeded in doing so? What's the preferred way here to do this?

I tried playing around with vtkWidget3D::PlaceFactor, however, looking at the
source code of vtkImagePlaneWidget, it does not seem to respect this property.

Setting the scale of vtkImagePlaneWidget::TexturePlaneActor does not seem to
work either. The texture plane is scaled correctly, however, there seems to be
a mismatch with the picker (I can just pick the area where the
original/unscaled plane was located).

Is this a general problem with VTK widgets?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Kevin Funk | kevin.funk at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090