[vtkusers] VtkConnectivity filter

Richard Frank rickfrank at me.com
Tue Mar 12 07:43:27 EDT 2013

I'm having trouble understanding the usages of the connectivity filter.

I'm trying to use this filter to find and filter out regions in a volume, as one might do with bwlabeln() in matlab....

What does AddRegion() do? Does that usage imply that I already know how many regions there are? Why/when would I use DeleteRegion()?

If I ask for all regions, I get the whole volume even if I set a tight scalar threshold. If I ask for the largest region, I get what I would expect,  but that's not what I need.

If I set specific regions, and add 0,1,2 and use a threshold that I know should work, I get nothing.

So, I guess I don't understand the correct use.

Any advice welcome.....

Thanks
Rick Frank