[vtkusers] VTK and QT - Setup help QT Designer wont open

harshanand harsha.nyshadham at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 13:44:50 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

I installed vtk and qt. following tutorials online. I had VTK first then QT,
so I rebuilt  VTK again with QT support.

Next I copy the paste QVTKwidgetplugin.dll and QVTKwidgetplugin.lib to
QT->plugin->designer. All good so far.

Then I start QT designer app and it wont start. So now I am not sure if
QVTKwidget is in Qt toolbox or not?

I am already ready with VTK project , I just want to render it in QT.. so
that I  can use QT Gui.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there is any detailed tutorial on setting up QT and VTK, will help
a lot. I can re-check the process.

Thanks
Harsha