[vtkusers] QVTK Widget GPU Rendering

Obadiah ob1.owk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 07:40:28 EST 2013

Hi everyone.

Is there any way to force GPU rendering for QVTK Widget? I have a polygon
mesh that I am visualising and it doesn't appear to be using the graphics
card.

I'm running an instance of PCL Visualizer under QVTK on two machines: one
is Ubuntu 11.10 with onboard graphics and the other is Ubuntu 12.04 with an
nVidia GTX680M. The second machine has much better specs and is faster in
every other aspect except when I try to add the polygonmeshes to the
visualizer and render. The machine with the onboard graphics is actually
slightly faster rendering.

Could there be some incompatibility with the nVidia graphics card?

Cheers
Obi