[vtkusers] Sync vtkimageplane with the volume

Srikanth om srikanth8087 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:13:15 EST 2013

Hello, I am new to vtk and learning to work with image slices and 3d volume
using the four pane viewer example (I intend to use the imagereslice
feature to view any slice of the volume at any any angle but in sync with
volume on which it is overlayed). I have modified the code to read  a
series of jpeg ultrasound images by which I form a volume and overlay on
top of the 3D view of the orthogonal slices in top right window. The code
is perfect and when I change the opacity of the volume, I can see the
slices to be in sync with the artifacts in the volume. Now when I try to
transform my volume (translation and scaling), the volume gets displayed at
a new location in 3d space where it is supposed to be but the orthogonal
slices in the same window doesnt update. I then modified the axis of the
image plane using setpoint1, setpoint2 and setorigin; though the slices are
rendered at the new transformed locations overlaying the volume, the image
texture information of the slices don't get updated; and as soon as I
interact with slices, they only move in the space defined by the original
non-transformed volume space, and show the images at those position in
space (basically the feel is like the jpeg images are physically at the
original non-transformed volume bounded space, i.e. starting at the
origin). Its like the image plane has never transformed to the new world
co-ordinates. Also I figured that the bounds of them are restriced by the
input to them which as the fact here is the vtkjpegreader. So all in all,
is there any way to transform the vtkimageplane to display those slices in
sync with the transformed(setusertransform) volume in 3d space at new
co-ordinates. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks a lottt.

Regards,
OM