[vtkusers] Problem with vtkChartXY with multiple vtkPlots in different corners

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Mar 5 07:48:38 EST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM, CuriousGTime <chrisportka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a vtkChartXY and plotting multiple lines with vtkPlots.  Some of
> the plots I want to display on a different axis, so I'm using
> SetPlotCorner(plot, 0) to plot on the left axis and SetPlotCorner(plot, 1)
> to plot on the right axis.  This all works fine, the plots show up and the
> axis' are generated nicely.
>
> The problem is when this chart is interacted with by the user (via panning,
> scrolling, zooming) anything plotted on the right axis doesn't work
> properly.  Namely, panning vertically doesn't effect lines plotted on the
> right axis - they don't move up or down and so the right y-axis also does
> not update.
>
> Everything on the left axis works as expected, zooming and panning properly
> with the axis ticks updating properly.  Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Oh, and I'm using vtk 5.8.  Thanks!

There were some bugs reported with this functionality that are fixed
in master, 5.8 is quite old and is unlikely to see a new release. I
think this was fixed after the 5.10.1 release, and has not been
backported to the release branch. If you can update I would suggest
trying the latest version from master.

Marcus