[vtkusers] Medical examples

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:03:48 EST 2013

Yes, there are statistical methods that you can use to automatically
find the best thresholds between different tissue types in an image.
For example, K-means clustering.  ITK has several of these clustering
algorithms.  Or you can use vtkImageHistogramStatistics and set your
thresholds based on percentiles, if you know the approximate
proportions of the various tissue types that make up the image.

 - David