[vtkusers] Fwd: Fwd: configuration of VTK with Qt

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:20:41 EST 2013

> yes it is good I did it all
> but I don't found a choice between 64 bits and 32 bits for the command
> prompt in tools

Are you sure you have the x64 compiler installed? Also to compile Qt
in Visual Studio  2010 you need at minimum SP1 of visual studio. There
is an optimization bug in 2010 RTM that makes designer, assistant and
other tools crash on execution.

BTW, On my PC the command prompt in tools is labeled "Visual Studio
x64 Win64 Command Prompt (2010)". This is from the Pro version of
visual studio. If you are using the express version I believe you need
to install the microsoft sdk to get the x64 compiler. I can not help
with that because at work (University of Pittsburgh) we have a yearly
contract with Microsoft that provides the compiler, OS upgrades and
office so I do not use express versions.

John