[vtkusers] Problems building the Piston Library

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 26 10:18:44 EDT 2013

It might be a non-issue. From VTK's perspective, piston is a header only
library, so technically you do not need to build piston itself to use VTK's
AcceleratorsPiston module. Try building VTK without it.

With all that said, AcceleratorsPiston should be considered experimental at
this point on windows.
For more information see:
http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13283
and
http://markmail.org/thread/lfglijtpi4x3mjwx

For advice on using piston itself on windows, try going though the LANL
piston github site at: https://github.com/losalamos/PISTON

cheers

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.