[vtkusers] generating Line mesh from points

Piyusha gadepiyusha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:57:04 EDT 2013

Hello,
I am trying to read in data from tecplot which has a zonetype of Lineseg and
as I understand vtkTecplotReader does not read in that zonetype. Is there an
alternative way of doing this? I tried reading in the points and storing
them in vtkPoints and using the vtkCellArray for the connectivity but I
cannot understand how to combine the 2 to give a vtkPolyData because the
connectivity Ids are random and not continuous.

I have attached the point and connectivity information:
TextReader.txt
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5721576/TextReader.txt>
connectivity.txt
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5721576/connectivity.txt>