[vtkusers] vtkborderwidget in vtk6.0rc3

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Jun 24 11:32:32 EDT 2013

> Although vtk5.10.1 has vtkBorderWidget class, vtk6.0rc3 has not
> vtkBorderWidget class. Also, this class is not marked as deprecated in
> deprecated list (http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/deprecated.html). I
> wonder whether vtk6.0 stable version will have this class. If not, which
> class will be used instead of vtkBorderWidget in vtk6.0 stable version.

If I do a checkout of VTK 6.0.0.rc3:

$ git checkout v6.0.0.rc3

And then look for files with “border” in the name:

$ find . | grep -i border
./Interaction/Widgets/Testing/Cxx/TestBorderWidget.cxx
./Interaction/Widgets/Testing/Cxx/vtkBorderWidgetTest1.cxx
./Interaction/Widgets/vtkBorderRepresentation.cxx
./Interaction/Widgets/vtkBorderRepresentation.h
./Interaction/Widgets/vtkBorderWidget.cxx
./Interaction/Widgets/vtkBorderWidget.h
./Rendering/OpenGL/Testing/Cxx/TestImageResliceMapperBorder.cxx
./Rendering/OpenGL/Testing/Cxx/TestImageSliceMapperBorder.cxx

They do indeed appear to be in VTK 6.0.0 rc3. I wonder why you don’t think they’re there...?

HTH,

David C.