[vtkusers] Actor behind

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 18:54:44 EDT 2013

I guess I missread te question.

>> How can I check if an actor is behind another actor and partially not
shown?

I do not know a direct method of checking if actor is partially not shown
But you can do an opposite - determine what cells are selected using
vtkVisibleCellSelector.

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.2/html/a01496.html

in theory  you could make this only actor visible, find visible cells,
then do the same with other actors visible, then compare if all cells from
the first rendering are visible in this case.

Not sure how fast this would be since at least a few rendering are required.

Alex