[vtkusers] vtk 5.10.1, vtkCanvas, SWT/AWT : app hangs when vtkorientationmarkerwidget/vtkaxesactor added and/or gradient background enabled

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Wed Jun 12 15:57:53 EDT 2013

Hi Gerrick,

I don't know which version of VTK you are using, but if you are using the
latest release (still in RC),
you have a proper SWT renderering component that may work slightly better.

Although, one thing that could be the issue here is that some of the
methods that you call (the one that dead lock) internally generate the
render window while that one is not visible in the Java/SWT context.
What I'm saying is you may need to do your setup in 2 steps. First step,
setup the UI container and then 'later', once the graphical component is
visible, intialize the VTK renderer the way you want.

Seb