[vtkusers] Is there a way to show only a subset of a pdb file?

Shawn Waldon swaldon at cs.unc.edu
Sat Jun 8 16:33:05 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I want to show only a selected set of chains from a pdb file.  For example,
in the RCSB PDB, the entry 1atn has two 'chains' (that are actually
separate molecules) and I would like to show only one of them.  I looked at
vtkPDBReader and the associated example, but it doesn't support this.  Does
anyone know a way to do this with vtk or do I need to find something that
can edit the pdb files before loading them?

Thank you,

Shawn Waldon