[vtkusers] How to adjust the grey level for Volume Rendering

Shawn Waldon swaldon at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jun 6 10:09:13 EDT 2013

To increase brightness, you simply increase the brightness of the color you
are using.  (Increase the RGB components).  To increase contrast, you
should use a brighter value at one end of the color scale and a darker one
at the other.  However, due to the blending that happens with transparency,
volume rendering is going to lose a lot of the contrast unless you remove
the transparency.

You may want to switch to use HSV colors.  If you want to use greyscale,
set the saturation (S) component to 0, and then the brightness is
controlled by the value (V) component.

I hope this helps,

Shawn

Please reply to all (or at least vtkusers) so that others have the
opportunity to help too.