[vtkusers] VtkPiston

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jun 4 10:19:17 EDT 2013

I had the same problem with piston creating very long compile lines after modularization.
In my paraview plugin, I made a dirty hack to get things working. Have a look at this for inspiration on how to fix it for yourself.

https://hpcforge.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=117

look at lines 150 to 180 ish.

Essentially, I store the compile settings, clear them, set my own, then restore them again to shorten the compile line

Only works in conjunction with some vtkModule settings that I cut'n' pasted from somewhere random.

Note also, my piston is modified significantly from the original and I haven't yet publicly released this repo, so don't get too concerned if nothing compiles for you. I'm only providing ideas and not production ready solutions :)

JB