[vtkusers] Conic projection of an image in vtk

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 06:46:50 EDT 2013

>I checked the vtkGeoProjection. The description says 'Represent a projection from a

> sphere to a plane'. Is this used only for geographic coordinate projections? can it be

> modified for other purposes as well? Could you please point me to a good example for this?

vtkGeoProjection looks to be a simple wrapper class to help use the PROJ library. See https://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ for more info on that library.

You instantiate a vtkGeoProjection object, and then call SetName to a known projection name, and then you can set parameters for the projection, and call GetProjection, ...

Test source code looks like this for that class:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/c2_vtk_t_7.html#c2_vtk_t_vtkGeoProjection

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Geovis/Core/Testing/Cxx/TestGeoProjection.cxx

HTH,

David