[vtkusers] Can VTK be used with Codegear XE4 compilers???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 15:13:32 EDT 2013

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:30:40 -0400, Robert Maynard
<robert.maynard at kitware.com> wrote:

>If my memory is correct we fixed some XE4 issues for the 5.8 release.
>I don't know if that was for the new 64bit compiler they have (clang
>based) or the old 32bit compiler.

When I tried to compile VTK a few years back I ws using BDS2006 and
VTK 5.4.2 and it was really very messy trying to figure out how to use
CMake to configure the compile etc.
Now with the XE4 compiler (including the 64 bit one) I am anticipating
more of problems understanding it all.
Is there a simple stepwise HOW-TO regarding compilation of the VTK
sources with XE4??
I only need what goes into the RAD Studio as a rendering component,
i.e. vtkBorlandRenderWindowPkg...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden