[vtkusers] vtkActor->GetPosition

Mike Gagnon mike at gagnon.com
Tue Jul 23 14:10:22 EDT 2013

Hello vtk experts!

I have some code that draws the XYZ axis at the origin (0,0,0).  I draw
them there and then never touch them, so they stay put.  I have a
vtkActor that is initially placed at the origin as well.

Here's my question.  If I call vtkActor->SetUserMatrix to some matrix -
I see that the actor moves far away from the origin (because I know my
axes haven't moved), yet, when I execute the following code, it tells me
the actor is still at the origin... I don't understand, I'm obviously
missing something.

     double data[3];
     pActor->GetPosition(data);

Thanks for any help!