[vtkusers] VTK 6.0 with Visual Studio

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Tue Jul 23 13:55:25 EDT 2013

I built VTK in debug mode and got a bit more information.  The debugger doesn't trace into VTK, it just outputs the following to the output console:
	Generic Warning: In ..\..\..\VTK6.0.0\Rendering\Core\vtkRenderer.cxx, line 47
	Error: no override found for 'vtkRenderer'.
	Generic Warning: In ..\..\..\VTK6.0.0\Rendering\Core\vtkRenderWindow.cxx, line 35
	Error: no override found for 'vtkRenderWindow'

Which are the respective lines:
	vtkAbstractObjectFactoryNewMacro(vtkRenderer)
	vtkAbstractObjectFactoryNewMacro(vtkRenderWindow)

This occurs when I try to execute the following line:
	vtkSmartPointer<vtkContextView> view = vtkSmartPointer<vtkContextView>::New();

Note that I am doing the autoinit as follows:
	#define vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT 4(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingFreeType,vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL,vtkRenderingOpenGL)
	#define vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT 1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL)

This is defined within the header file of any class using VTK.