[vtkusers] Cut a triangulated surface with a line

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Wed Jul 17 06:46:59 EDT 2013

Hello,

 I would like to ask if  I can slice elements in triangulation. Suppose my
input is a line on a triangulated surface (given as a sequence of vertex pairs
indicating which mesh edges the line should cut, for example), I would like to
split the triangles that the line passes through, eventually introducing new
triangles in the mesh. Apparently there is the class vtkCutter, but I'm not
sure that that's what should be used. Could you please point me to some
examples if there are any? How should I feed my input line to vtk? Create a
polyline perhaps?

Thank you very much,

 Martin Vymazal