[vtkusers] Need Help: Installation & Starting example

Vachik Dave vsdave at umail.iu.edu
Tue Jul 16 18:47:54 EDT 2013

Hello,

It was literally 1000s of errors, which I can not paste here. However, I
successfully build it in my friend's machine.

The next *problem* I am facing is: I am trying to run available example
from Internet @ http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/examplecode.html

I can not find appropriate object library file (.lib) for vtkSphereSource
function for which it is giving me an error as below:

1>------ Build started: Project: ConsoleApplication2, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>ConsoleApplication2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkSphereSource * __cdecl
vtkSphereSource::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkSphereSource@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
referenced in function _wmain
1>c:\users\acotaer\documents\visual studio
2012\Projects\ConsoleApplication2\Debug\ConsoleApplication2.exe : fatal
error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

There are total 111 .lib files in the directory. Is there any place where I
can find function name with corresponding .lib  name for VTK-6.0.0?

Thanking you.
 *
--Vachik
*