[vtkusers] 32 and 64

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 06:50:22 EDT 2013

> It is true, but only when my project decides which version to run.
> In my case it doesn't, main project decides that since it is configured as
> "Any Cpu"
> so I have no control over it... :(
> Is it possible to add a reference dynamically?

Perhaps, since this is not really a VTK question, you would have better luck getting a response on a site like stackoverflow, especially since it has MANY thousands more eyeballs on it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7727876/any-cpu-dependent-on-c-cli-dependent-on-native-c-dll-any-cpu-for-c-cli

I’ve already said here earlier, “you can’t.” Now, I hate people who say “you can’t,” so I’d love to proven wrong on this... but it’s certainly easiest to have 2 builds of your app, one explicitly targeting x86 and one explicitly targeting x64, each one referencing the appropriate build of ActiViz. Forget about blending “Any CPU” and ActiViz -- it’s too much work when there’s a ready-made simple solution of just having 2 builds.

HTH,

David