[vtkusers] Read Any format of image in vtk

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jul 11 17:38:21 EDT 2013

Rahul,

Please practice good mailing list etiquette by starting a new email
free of any quoted text from unrelated emails. This will make it
easier to understand your question. Moreover, in the future, when
people who search the mailing list for answers to their questions
before posting a new question find your posts, they're less likely to
be confused by the irrelevant content. By the way, to search the list
archives, go to
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?as_sitesearch=www.vtk.org&as_epq=vtk-users.

In addition, I find that people are more helpful on the list when the
content of your email shows that you've put some work into finding the
answer to the problem you are having and have a very specific question
that needs answering.

As to your question, please see
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx#Input_3 for examples on how
to read different image formats.

You may also want to consult the VTK class list here and search for
the particular image formats you want to read:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classes.html

Finally, you may also want to consult general tutorials on VTK that
may answer a lot of questions you have been posting.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM, rahul indoria <rahulindoria5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    Do you have any idea about the class, which can read any format of
> image???
>

> Looking forward your reply soon.
>

> rahul indoria
>

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Seth Gilchrist <seth at mech.ubc.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rahul,
>> It seems that you want to provide x,y,z coordinates and get the index of
>> the point back. Once you have the index, you can use polydata's
>> "GetPointData" method to access the point data.
>>
>> To do this, you can use the vtkKdTreePointLocator which as methods like
>> "FindClosestPoint", "FindNClosestPoints", and "FindPointsWithinRadius".
>> There are a few examples of how to use this class at
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx#KD-Tree. There are other classes
>> like vtkPointLocator, vtkOctreePointLocator which you can look at too.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Seth
>>
>> Seth Gilchrist, MASc, PhD Candidate
>> +---------------------------------------+
>> Orthopaedic and Injury Biomechanics Group
>> UBC Department of Mechanical Engineering
>> 6th Floor-2635 Laurel Street
>> Vancouver, BC V5Z-1M9
>> +---------------------------------------+
>> seth at mech.ubc.ca