[vtkusers] My point cloud data won't display in the renderer.

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:10:24 EDT 2013

A vtkPoint is a geometric location. You need cells to visualize your data.
in your case, you need Vert's, one for each Point. An easy way to create
the verts is to use vtkVertexGlyphFilter.

See for example:
http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadTextFile
http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/VertexGlyphFilter