[vtkusers] FindCell method of vtkCellLocator

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 22:00:25 EDT 2013

It is not clear that attached picture corresponds to your claims.
There is no visible  relation between trianglePoint and
geometry->GetNumberOfPoints().
Also  for (vtkIdType ptId = 0; ptId < geometry->GetNumberOfPoints(); ++ptId)
loop does not make any sense cause nothing changes in the loop.

So I guess your trianglePoint is not what you think it is.
For example if this point is shared by 2 triangles you will have the same
effect.
Another possible problem might be absolute value 0.1 used.
For example your triangle may have size smaller than it, which will be a
source of such effect too.

Your example is not complete , you could create much better example
initializing all available variables so the behavior can be reproduced.

Alex