[vtkusers] vtkLeaderActor2D to connect widget and tube

lisa.la lisa.frauenstein at web.de
Sun Jul 7 17:48:25 EDT 2013

Hello vtk-Users,

I'm stuck with trying to find a way to build a connection between a
vtkXYPlot and a tube selected by the user.

Right now I have a set of streamlines visualized as tubes. The user can
click on that streamlines and depending on which streamline was chosen, a
vtkxyplot is created and added to the render window, visualizing some
information about this streamline.
What I want to do now, is creating a LeaderActor, that connects the
generated xyPlot with the belonging streamline.
First I need to set the first positioncoordinate, which I obtain by simply
taking the first point of the data, that was passed to the tubeactor of the
clicked streamline.
The streamlines are scaleable and moveable, so the leader needs to adapt if
the streamlines are moved.
The position2coordinate is determined by the position of the vtkxyPlot.
Since the vtkPlotActor is moveable (I passed the plot to a vtkPlotWidget)
the leader needs to adapt if the plot is moved as well.
But in order to make it fit I guess I have to do some recalculations of
world and screen coordinates because now the leader doesn't move.
I tried different things like setting the coordinate system to different
modes..but I am not able to figure it out.
Does someone of you know, how to do it or how to rcalculate the values?
I appreciate any advise.

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,

Lisa