[vtkusers] How do I render a volume from an UnstructuredGrid?

Ruff albin.nilsson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:59:43 EDT 2013

For anyone interested, I'm currently cheating with using *vtkImageData*.
I'm using it as a volume. With a given x, y and z-coordinate it is possible
to insert values with
imageName.SetScalarComponentFromFloat(x,y,z,0,scalarValue). I use integers
as coordinates and limit the image size to what my maximum x, y and z-values
are in my dataset.
The thing that makes it work is that all the "missing" scalar values are set
to transparent when I use the image as input in *vtkSmartVolumeMapper*.