[vtkusers] How to make a vtkPlane "follow" a vtkVolume

Brock Toews brock.toews at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 16:24:23 EDT 2013

I have a vtkPlane and a vtkVolume. I would like to, for lack of a better
description, make the plane 'follow' the volume, and I can't seem to figure
out how one would go about doing this. The closest analogy I can't think of
is when one, in 3D modelling programs like Autodesk Maya, parents one
object to another object. This results in the child object, regardless of
any transformations that are applied to the parent having unchanged
translation/rotation relative to the parent.

Has anyone done this before/does anyone know how to do this?

--
Brock