[vtkusers] Question regarding vtkImageReslice

Willi Huber surfersparadise85-vtk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 16:02:04 EST 2013

Hello,

I would like to know the relationship of the ResliceAxes and ResliceAxesDirectionCosines.
For my understanding the upper left 3x3 matrix of ResliceAxes consists of the entries of ResliceAxesDirectionCosines which is true for example in vtkImagePlaneWidget whereas the top 3x1 entries in the upper right determine a kind of translation.
But for Examples/ImageProcessing/Python/ImageSlicing.py this ain't true. Here the OutputDimensionality is set to 2 in contrast to 3 in ImagePlaneWidget. I know this is done to extract the slice. Can someone explain me how OutputDimensionality, ResliceAxes and ResliceAxesDirectionCosines are related to each other?

Best,
Willi