[vtkusers] Linux VTK Installation : About VTK packages in the Linux repositories.

kingvsk at aol.com kingvsk at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 07:58:48 EST 2013

1) I understand I have to add VTK as a library to my project in netbeans,
which I can do by adding the jar, assuming I just doloaded the package and
I'm on Ubuntu where would the .jar be exactly ?*

**The jar file may be located in  /usr/share/java/*

2) If I installed the package as you said do I still need to go with the two
steps on  this page <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Java_Wrapping>   ?

*Yes.  You need to run**the following command.**
**$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/jni/**
**
**If you run your application from command line then you need to add the jar file to class path.**
**that is**-cp**  argument in the following command.**
**$ java -cp your_vtk_build_dir/bin/vtk.jar vtk.sample.Demo**
**But if you run your application from netbeans, there is no need to add this parameter.**
**Because you already added the jar in your project. Which means you added it in class path.**
**
**Hope it helps...*

--
Sathish