[vtkusers] read from vtk window

Massinissa Bandou Massinissa.Bandou at USherbrooke.ca
Sun Jan 27 16:44:25 EST 2013

Hi Joachim,

Sorry, let me explain what I mean. I created a Qt GUI to display my object
file using vtkOBJReader after clicking a push button. Until now everything
is ok.
Now, I want to extract a portion of this object or mesh using another push
button. Instead of reprogramming the whole process of reading, I just want
to know if it's possible to read and get information of the data directly
from the rendered window. I want to create a function that can extract the
information from the vtk window for example: which kind of data, object,
polydata, dicom or..?

Thx! for reply!

Massi