[vtkusers] 2D - 3D Face Reconstruction

matt varghese matt.varghese at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:21:27 EST 2013

Mathew:
I think its more of a computer vision and Machine learning problem (if you
are just looking for face or head reconstruction). Did you check openCV
forums? you might want to check pmvs and PCA (openCV); If you are looking to
reconstruct a generic 3d object from projections, then you might want to
review tomography
literature for existing approaches; I don't think PCL has anything ready to
use for the problem you are working. You could however implement it and
contribute to PCL.
HTH
matt