[vtkusers] Configuration Procedure ParaViewWeb

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Wed Jan 23 06:27:33 EST 2013

Hi Nelson,

Configuring ParaViewWeb under windows is a little bit tricky, and there are
subtle differences with the Linux installation guide. I will certainly
write a wiki entry about it but I did not have the time yet.

But once you successfully compiled PVWeb you should have PWServer.exe,
ParaWebPlugin.dll and all the java PW*.war archives ready. Don't you?

Personnaly, all my PVWeb dll & executables are deployed in a
c:/dev/ParaViewWeb/install directory as you will see in the attached files.
I also installed derby.jar in this directory.

Once it's done you will have to carefully deploy and configure things under
tomcat.

I personnaly deployed PVWeb on a 64bits apache-tomcat-6.0.36.
In order to have all the log information in the tomcat console window, I
had to configure a *log4j.properties* file (attached), and put it in the *lib
*subdirectory of my tomcat installation (that is C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.36\lib).
I also put the *pw-config.propertie*s files in the same *lib *directory.
The *webapps *directory should contains all the *PW*.wa*r files.
I also put the attached *PWService.xml* file attached in *
conf\Catalina\localhost\*
I edited has described in the wiki *derby & PVWeb grants* both in the file *
conf/catalina.policy* (attached)

Once this is all done. Launch ActiveMQ, tomcat & try it locally on
http://localhost:8080/PWService

Well, so now... good luck! :)
Joachim