[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataToGraph, inverse of vtkGraphToPolyData

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:30:23 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:23 AM, Dr. Roman Grothausmann <
grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de> wrote:

> Dear mailing list members,
>

> Is there something like vtkPolyDataToGraph which does the inverse of
> vtkGraphToPolyData?
> If not, how could this be implemented for vtkPolyData that represents a
> graph/tree (e.g. vtkPolyData that resulted from vtkGraphToPolyData)?
> Is there already some iterator that could be used to iterate over the
> points in a back-tracking fashion?
>
> Many thanks for any help or hints
> Roman

I wrote a class (vtkPolyDataToGraph) like that here:
https://github.com/daviddoria/VTK-GraphConversions

It's been a long time since I looked at it, so use at your own risk (i.e.
I'm not sure if it works with VTK master, etc.)

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'm happy to accept pull
requests, etc.

David