[vtkusers] vtkImageSlice and depth peeling

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Jan 10 04:44:13 EST 2013

Il 09/01/2013 18:48, David Gobbi ha scritto:
> Hi Guiseppe,
>
> Do your images have an alpha component?  The difficulty is that
> blending of images via the alpha component does not work when depth
> peeling is enabled.

Hi David,

thanks for the reply. No, my images don't have an alpha component.
They're slices of a 3D volume with full opaque colors, but sometimes the
whole slice has a non-100% opacity; the partially transparent slices
need to properly blend on each other (and on the other 3D things on the
scene).

But thanks for the hint. Should I try to build a testcase with some
alpha and see if that blends correctly?

 > If you run ctest (e.g. ctest -R Alpha), do the
 > existing image rendering tests pass?

Yes, all tests pass here.

Thanks,
--