[vtkusers] Adding a vtkTextActor during a EndPickEvent callback command hangs the renderer (Visual Studio 2012)

ROUET, Jean Michel jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Wed Jan 9 11:34:02 EST 2013

Thank you sonogi1979 for your feedback.
I also confirm that your proposed changes correct the crash/freeze on the vtkTextActor in my modified cone5.cxx example.

Shall we conclude that the GetTuple function is not called in the correct manner.
The GetTuple function is known to be 'dangerous' and not 'thread safe'. Are we encountering such a situation ?
If so, why don't we have problems with older compilers (VS2008 or VS2010)?

Best Regards,

--
JM