[vtkusers] Seeding Segmentation Input - Large Paint Brush or Line Widget

George gcl22 at case.edu
Tue Jan 8 03:56:28 EST 2013

Dear VTK Users,

I hope all is well.

I am attempting to implement a segmentation algorithm where the user has a
large brush that crudely marks part of the image to seed the segmentation.
 I am having a surprising amount of trouble identifying the appropriate
widget for this purpose.

As descried here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14184512/5-0-linewidth-for-a-vtkimagetracerwidget>,
I cannot use the vtkImageTracerWidget, because I cannot increase the size.
Do you have any thoughts on how to increase the size of this widget?

I then found the
vtkKWEPaintbrushWidget<http://www.vtkedge.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkKWEPaintbrushWidget.html#_details>,
which seems perfect.  However, vtkedge seems to be no longer active, and I
cannot find the paintbrush classes in the VTK code base.  Do you know how I
could acquire them?  Would they still be compatible with VTK 5.10.1?

Thanks so much for your help.

-George